Friday, May 1, 2009

A $100 Breakfast


Last weekend, Tony and I had the pleasure of seeing my dad for about an hour - as he flew down from Knoxville to see us and have breakfast (IHOP+Plane gasoline = about $100).


My dad has his personal pilot's license as of a few years ago, and he likes to log a few hours every week to keep on his toes in his new plane (new to him, at least! - some of those planes are decades old, which is kinda scary, but I guess it's a little different than cars! 30 year old car = rolling total loss (as Tony would say); 30 year old plane = they just don't build them like they used to)


Flying is my dad's passion (to say it mildly!!) and it makes me both proud and happy to see him be able to finally enjoy this dream of his -- and it gives him an excuse to be able to pop in to see us -- and go to IHOP -- and then be back in Knoxville, all in the span of one Saturday morning. He is so diligent about learning everything there is to know about flying and flying safely, and I know it wasn't the easiest thing in the world for him to get to where he is today.

Love ya dad.


Here's a video of him leaving our little PTC Falcon Field --- PLEASE ignore my lame commentary!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! My grandpa used to fly personal planes - he had one a lot like that one. We have pictures of me and my sister as tiny little people in the plane with him. I don't know if we actually flew or not . . . = )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...