But I CAN commit to finishing our home to-do list sometime between now and when we move. Good enough??
Whenever I show a little project on here that I have done, I always feel the need to caveat it with a "yes, I realize we haven't done this this and this, and oh yeah this" list -- just so you people are fully aware that I am aware of the less-than-good parts. House insecurity, let's call it.
To avoid this editorial necessity for future DIY attempts, I'm going to put our house to-do list on here so I can feel fancy when I get to cross something off!! Some things are fixers, some are buyers.
Here's the rundown, in no particular order:
- Do quarter round and finish thresholds for floors
- Crown moulding
- Paint the peely and chippy trim
- Paint the office (I'm sick of Builder's Beige)
- Get carpet replaced in guest room and office
- Sofa, Chairs, Other Seating Solution?
- Fix bathroom exhaust fan (mold, anyone?)
- Put in wood blinds in guest room and living room (peepers no more!)
- Backyard (don't we need a plan of action first?)
- Gutters (waterfalls are great and all ... )
- Fix water flow issues from neighbor's yard (again with those waterfalls)
- Fix laundry room layout/drywall holes/paint/exhaust?
- Fix shower door so it doesn't leak
- Buy new desk for office (for blogging comfort, of course)
- Switch switches (we're living with half almond, half white - tragic!)
- Refinish guest room furniture
- Buy bookcase for living room
- Hang curtains in living room
- Rug for bedroom (dog nails clicking in the night)
- More front yard landscaping
- Finish spraypainting kitchen cabinet hardware
- Repaint exterior doors