Monday, May 3, 2010

Just Peachy

It's no secret that the fine state of Georgia is a little obsessed with it's signature fruit.  There are at least 1 million different streets in the metro area that are named Peachtree - including our city name...


So as we were leaving Walmart last weekend, we saw they had just marked down some of their trees that we had been looking at not five minutes before - 50% off.  We took it as fate that we needed to get one.  Given our choice of fruiting trees, we picked - that's right - a peach tree.


For $9, we snagged a much-needed addition to our front island, and a little hometown pride to go with it.


And in a few months, we might even have some edible peaches!

5 comments:

  1. I love visiting my husband's family in PTC and I laugh each time they take me somewhere because there's a good chance we'll pass a Peachtree Street along the way. Love your peach tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I ran across your blog but my husband and I live in ptc, too, so I thought I would say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Peaches! I might have to come steal a peach some time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...