Saturday, July 3, 2010

Easy Clean

You know how sometimes, there are little organizational issues that annoy you, but you're too lazy to do something about?  Our under the sink area was that for me, until I had an ambitious Friday night where I went on a cleaning spree while Tony was gone, with the intent to document my work.  

Umm... does anyone else do this?  Push stuff off until you just can't take it any more! and go on a cleaning rampage?  Or do other people just clean everyday?  Whatever.

Here's our problem:



The problem was my husband that there was an attempt at organizing all of our cleaning junk, but stuff just got thrown under there willy nilly by my husband.  Too much stuff, too little space, and not enough accessibility.  

Crazy Friday Night Claire took all this junk out to evaluate.  There were definitely multiples - seriuosly, how many surfaces do I really need to dust to justify four sprays?


Can I go off on a tangent here to praise one of my faves in this stash?  Sure you can.  
Bar Keepers Friend is also my friend.  You sprinkle it in your stainless sink, let it sit, rub it in with a sponge, and viola! Shiny sink, with minimal work.  My type of cleaning.  If I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I'll use a toothbrush.



So basically, after some fanatical weeding out and grouping, under the sink was organzied again. 

Some products that didn't make the cut - carpet cleaners, etc - were relegated to this fancy box.  

Oh my gosh, I know.  I should have pursued a career in professional organizing. 



All was well with the world.  I moved my rampaging to another part of the house (don't worry, you won't have to read about that).   Tony got a good lecture when he got home about how to put something back where you found it.  So far, so good.  He's easily trainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...