Friday, August 27, 2010

Backyard Beach Wedding

Hi!  Did your Google search bring you here??  If so, the post below contains only ideas for a small beach wedding.  
My sis's real backyard beach wedding just happened - so you might want to check out my post on all the DIY we really did for this wedding - found here.  

All of the pictures below are just ideas I gathered from other places - please visit those sites using the "source" link and Pin from there. :)


Thanks for stopping by!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call me crazy, but I LOVED planning my wedding.  I liked being meticulously organized via spreadsheet, doing extensive Googlin', and DIY'ing a few things.  I was no bridezilla - just a good planner.  I had every detail down - from the playlist to the exact flower choices.  My mom and I would talk daily about ideas, and we were both a tiny bit sad when the whole planning process was over. 

So you can imagine my excitement when my sister Courtney (sweet Lyla's momma) and her fiance Byron made the decision to get married next August in a small, backyard-style beach wedding on Anna Maria.  She didn't have to ask me twice to start scouring the internets for ideas.



This back deck (and the beach beyond) will be the backdrop - so it's already gorgeous to start with.

Source

Courtney wants to do bright colors - deep teal, coral, green, and yellow.  She wants it casual and fun, but elegant too.

I have visions swirling through my head of vivid tablecloths, lanterns hanging on shepherd hooks, twinkle lights in the palm tree, colorfully painted starfish, Lyla in a tiny adorable dress .... 


 And the great part about it being a small family-affair - lots of DIY'ing! 



While my our wedding totally fit my our style, and I wouldn't really change a thing, there were a lot of great ideas out there that just weren't a fit for mine, but could be really fun for one like hers.

Here are some fun ideas I've found and thought I would share:

Starfish spraypainted silver (or any color, really):


Source


The natural elegance and beachy charm of this real wedding:

Source
Hanging starfish (for some reason I keep coming back to starfish as decor - I just think they are classic looks without being too "I'm getting married at the beach" ish... although, that logic makes no sense)

Source

This simple yet richly-hued table (with help from Ikea, I see!)
Source

These place settings - love them!  Since it will be a small wedding, it would be really easy to buy/make fancy plates like this for everyone.

Source

How cute are these invites?

Source
I also keep coming back to the idea of having glass jars of various shapes and sizes as an (affordable) unified look (I used a lot of glass in mine - and Young House Love did it so well too!) 
Au natural glass, painted, or decorated - the possibilities are endless - and there are always so many glassware items at stores like Ikea or Walmart, even (especially!) thrift stores.

Source
Source
Source

Source

And the best part - the sweets!  I don't know what she has in mind (cake, cupcakes, etc) but I thought all of these were adorable.
Source


Source

Source
Thanks to all of these great sites and real weddings for providing lots of inspiration!


Anyone out there have any small beach wedding ideas?  As Courtney said - " your blog friends are so creative - I bet they have ideas too!"  :)

6 comments:

  1. Just finished looking at your wedding pictures- beautiful!!! I loved every detail- the flowers, your dress (the back of your dress:), colors, family pictures... :)

    There's a blog I follow, called Live Creating Yourself. She recently planned her sister's small beach wedding. She posted (separately) the entire process- from the small bachelorette party (my favorite post of them all, which I was able to use as inspiration for Hailey's cooking party... since there are no weddings in my near future:), to the actual wedding. I'll give you a few of the links and then if you'd like to see more, just click on her label, titled "Andrea's Wedding."

    http://www.livecreatingyourself.com/2010/05/looks-like-i-have-wedding-to-plan.html

    http://www.livecreatingyourself.com/2010/06/not-your-ordinary-bachelorette-party.html

    http://www.livecreatingyourself.com/2010/07/andreas-wedding-big-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun will this be? All your ideas are so great. And, I think a beach wedding would be so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, I am going to start stalking your blog for more info on this wedding-- I love everything you have planned!!

    Hi from Lizzie in Progress, btw :)

    LB

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever seen an excellent morning with Ocean Properties & Management, Inc.? NO? At that point why don't attempt the Condos of Open House New Smyrna Beach. (Known as the most loved spot for vacations). New Smyrna Beach Condo Rentals

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...