Monday, December 27, 2010

On My Way...

2011 is going to be a good year.  I can just tell.


Tony is amazing for many ways (um... he feeds me), but one of his best qualities is the ability to help me step back and look at the big picture.  He calms me down when I worry about little things, reminding me of their triviality.  He helps me appreciate the little nuances that make our lives amazing.  He also helps me find myself (and this is no easy task).


During a momentary case of the sads last week (and a little self-loathing), he reminded me of all the amazing things that have happened this year.  You see, last year, about this time, I was bemoaning how I felt I had "lost myself" ... as cliche as that sounds.  I felt like I didn't have the same spark and creativity as I used to, the same excitement for life.  He encouraged me then, as ever, to do something about it.  And just last week, he reminded me of how, somewhat accidentally, I did just that this past year.  He reminded me of how all in one year, we had made some pretty big changes in our marriage (shifting our spending and focusing on what matters), and how I had given more outlet to my creativity by building my blog into something even better (no dissent allowed here readers!), doing more projects around the house, and even writing for the newspaper.  My little bit of volunteering with Sunday School classes and Saturday tutoring programs helps me feel like I'm giving back.  The feelings for our two new nieces is a whole new level of love in our lives.


As I've said numerous times before, I truly feel like I am on my way towards something bigger in my life.  I want to feel like i'm really living this life, and it's an ongoing change.  I'm glad Tony is helping me navigate my way towards it. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have such an encouraging husband. Sounds like you had an amazing year, it just took a little reminding. I need that sometimes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful that you have "found yourself" (totally get it; I had 'lost' myself last year- which is why I started my blog!)- and it's even better that Tony was there to encourage and support you in the process.

    Here's to another year of LIVING LIFE.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...