Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Ornaments on our Tree



I'm a traditionalist around the holidays.  As such, there are so many ornaments that are near and dear to my heart.  My mom was kind enough to give me a few for my own tree, as was Tony's mom when we got married  - and I've acquired many new ones that are now part of my group of favorites.

And now, photos, since my camera is able to actually focus at close range.  :)  Although... I'm still learning how to use it properly...



Got this in Asheville last year during my surprise birthday with the family

His mouth opens when you squeeze the sides.  There's a Candy Cane Hershey Kiss in there from 4 years ago.... might eat it some day.

Yum.

One of the first ones I received when I was old enough to be away from home and have my own tree.

This little pig is from 1982.  Says so on his side.  I've always loved him.

The two best parts of Christmas in one! 
I like to think of this mouse as the one in the church when they first played Silent Night.  What's better than a mouse on your tree??



And so many, many more.  Wish I could take photos of them all.

6 comments:

  1. Love your tree! What great ornaments - our tree is ALL B's ornaments from his childhood. I call it the Tree of Mr. B's Christmas Past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birthday ornament! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cake ornament its soo dang cute. I love having a mix-matched tree with dozens of special ornaments near and dear :+)

    PS: Enjoy the new camera I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea- to share the stories of some of your favorite ornaments!!

    I'm saving this post- might have to "borrow" your idea, if you don't mind:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the truffle ornament. Isn't it so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally laughed out loud at your comment about the four-year-old hershey's kiss...I would definitely, totally do that.

    Just caught up on your last post, too....you're like an amazingly festive, young Mrs. Claus! I am diggin' on your outdoor tree and your metallic centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...