Monday, August 22, 2011

Recipe 2!

I'm on a roll now, yall.  




I don't even know who I am anymore.  I cook, I clean...  too bad it's short-lived!


This was technically the second time I have made this recipe, so I figured twice was enough to count one in my corner - recipe #2 for my list!


Pinterest is becoming quite the source for me for recipe inspiration.  Today's recipe is Creamed Avocado and Lime Chilled Pasta, found via Pinterest and originally posted on this blog.




It's basically what it sounds - some lime juice, avocado, garlic, cilantro, and yogurt all blended together to form a cool and refreshing sauce for pasta.  


It's easy, requires minimal ingredients, and is perfect for a hot summer day (yes, it's still super hot here... I wish it were fall, but sadly that's quite a ways away 'round these here parts).


You simply cook pasta, food process, and mix.  Fast and easy, my type of recipe.  I think it would be a good lunch option too.


You can follow her recipe, but so you know, I changed a few things a bit.

  • Mayonnaise is the scourge of the earth, in my opinion.  So since the recipe calls for a few tablespoons of  the icky stuff, I just substituted Greek yogurt.
  • I used the juice of two whole limes, since we didn't have the bottled kind.
  • I added diced red bell peppers (cold) and leftover rotisserie chicken to make it more of a meal, since we had it for dinner.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks really good. We love avocado and are always looking for new recipes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you're already substituting!! (I followed recipes to a "T" for quite sometime before I built up the confidence to substitute !!) :)

    Good luck with the BUSYNESS of being back in school!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...