Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall = Homework. And Elmo.

Whew.  The past few weeks have been exhausting.  There are some days when I really have to tell myself that I'm getting my masters in just four semesters and that's a pretty sweet deal.  Even if that means crazy-busy semesters, it's only four of them.


I believe it's hitting me hardest now because fall is, by far, my favorite time of year.  I'm extremely sentimental about things, especially traditions, and the picturesque weather we see in fall makes my heart ache for seasonal experiences and memories to be made all over again.  And sadly, we're missing all of the things we usually do since I'm always loaded down with homework.   Perhaps I should revise my thinking and have "spend hours inside on beautiful days doing homework" be a new tradition?  At least it won't be happening next fall.


So all that to say, I'm a busy whiner.


However, I was able to work in some time to go make a surprise visit to Knoxville to see the family for my mom's birthday.  It was a spur-of-the-moment idea and I'm so glad we went.  The weather was lovely and some quality family time was spent.


You all know it's impossible for me to visit my family and not take a million pictures.  Here are the highlights.



She is currently obsessed with Elmo.  She shouts "ELMO!" anytime she sees him.  Every. time. 


ZOMGBALLOONS!





What's great is that when we are out, Courtney lets me hold Lyla and pretend she's my baby.  I kinda like it.  Girl is cute.



1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, my friend. I understand entirely... With the amount of homework Jacob gets, and watching Ryan work every night on homework- it can get frustrating to miss out on life- especially when there's festivals to attend, and apple-picking to be done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...