I'm a pathetic blogger, I know. Here's an update on what has been keeping me too busy to blog... (alternate title: Claire Whining)
- Well, obviously the most important update as you saw on Saturday - we're having a girl!! I'm so excited, and luckily, all of my plans and daydreaming all centered around a girl by default, so I can actually move forward with those plans!
- Student teaching is going great!! I have a fabulous mentor teacher at a fabulous school! I'm there full time, just like the real teachers, so I really get to see what it's like. I can't wait to be a real teacher with a real classroom and real kids!
- I go to class two nights a week - an hour drive directly from leaving the middle school to downtown Atl, 2 1/2 hr class, then back on the road to drive home. Those are long days that make for swollen ankles.
- I've been having a rough month or so as my nausea is still going strong (ugh) coupled with a sharp pain that developed below my bottom right rib. Turns out that's where your gallbladder is and pregnancy hormones frequently cause mayhem down there. A blood test and an upper body ultrasound later, turns out I have gallbladder sludge. Sounds lovely, right? Basically there's not much to be done, and luckily it isn't gallstones that would require surgery while pregnant, so that's a huge relief. It's just pain to endure for a while. Oh well, I guess you're worth it baby girl :)
- I feel so bad for our poor nutrient-deprived baby girl. Vegetables and meat are still a major turn off, so I'm trying to sneak in fruit and other healthy things here and there. Currently liking the Odwalla protein monster drinks that are strawberry and vanilla flavored - go down a little easier than ground beef.
- I keep saying that my only craving so far has been "not eating" - but I think it's changed to cheese sandwiches from Schlotzsky's. OMG so good. Yes, just cheese and bread, but so delicious.
- I hope to post about my nursery ideas soon. I'm definitely doing a heather gray type wall color, possibly with wide horizontal stripes on one wall (darker or lighter gray). The accent color will either be coral or a yellow/turquoise combo. Not sure. But either way, shall be pretty - check out my pinterest board for my inspiration photos so far: http://pinterest.com/claireity66/baby-s/
- I miss you all! I've been reading your blogs on my phone and making comments in my head - maybe one day I will commit them to actual typing :)