Monday, June 25, 2012

A Tale of Two Ottomans

Breaking nursery-related news!  We have changed our ottoman!

Ok, just kidding, it's not that serious.  In fact, this probably shouldn't even warrant its own post, but it's getting one.  And a long story.  You're welcome.

After getting the big brown chair for the nursery, as discussed in this nursery post, I knew I wanted to get a fun, colorful ottoman to go with it.  I couldn't justify spending the $150 or whatever for the matching one (that did glide too, in its defense), and that would have just added more browneyness.  And yes, I needed an ottoman.  I'm weird and can't stand to not have my feet up, or at least one of them, at any given time.  In the car (when riding, not driving mind you) I always have at least one leg tucked under me.  Right now my leg is tucked into my desk chair.  Anyway....

So I went on an extensive online hunt.  I looked everywhere I could imagine.  I also looked at any real store I could think of that might possibly carry a cute ottoman.  I tried Homegoods, Ross, etc. hoping to find a random one, but to no avail.  Target had cute little storage cubes, but they were all brown or black.  I also didn't want to spend more than $50, so that didn't help the cause.  I spent weeks looking, but couldn't find what I wanted.

Eventually, I finally found this one, from Walmart, for $48.  


It wasn't exactly what I had in mind (I really had wanted yellow or teal, and preferably a storage one), and it was a bit pricey for a little thing like that, but since nothing else was happening, I bought it (yay free site to store shipping!).  We got it home and I liked it well enough and it did the trick of holding the feet, so I was content.



It's cute, right?

So Tony and I were at Target this weekend (go figure), when we stumbled across this guy!  What???  Teal? Storage? Seventeen freaking dollars?  Perfect!  Where was this two months ago???



While the pink one was nice, this new one was exactly what I had in mind.  Luckily Walmart is great about returns, so we gave the pink one back and got a new one and $31 back in the bank.




The pillow is also from Target (they have a ton of teal stuff these days!).  I had been eyeing it for weeks and it went on sale for $10 so I snatched it right up!  The blanket was made by my sister Courtney! 


Roxy approves. 



It ties in a bit better with the rest of the teal I have going on in the room.  I'm also realizing very quickly how much stuff babies come with and how precious storage space is.

Looking better already, right??



2 comments:

  1. It looks great, I like the blue too. We also picked up these ottomans this weekend. We got the blue, red, and orange for the playroom. The price is just too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice - and I love the color. It's such a fun little touch for your room. I'm also a huge fan of your chair. I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...