Well, it's been busy since we got back from the beach! I had to check to see what my last blog post was, since I knew it had been forever! Nothing too crazy going on, just a lot of little things adding up that leave minimal time. I have a lot of potential posts rattling around in my head, so I hope to be able to write about those things soon.
I never shared some changes we've made to our living room, our beadboard re-do of our kitchen, my thoughts on our small group ending, or my latest clubfoot files. Soon. Very soon.
In the meantime, here's the scuttlebutt
- Tony and I are doing the Whole30. It's going really well and I will post about it when we are done. But oh.my.goodness. it takes some work. Like, I am dreaming of a slapchop kinda work... Also, my dishwasher is in overdrive. But our fridge is full of fresh, healthy food and our pantry is pretty bare. It's nice. Also, I am cooking things. Things that are not Ramen noodles. So, there's that. But planning, preparing, and eating foods has kind of monopolized our time for the past 17 days.
- I feel like we've been adrift a bit. First, we went to the beach, then we house-sat for Tony's parents. Then we visited my family in Knoxville for the past weekend. It was great to see everyone, as always, but it's leaving me a bit anxious for some stability and downtime.
- Harper got sick the day we left for Knoxville Turns out, she has a double ear infection. Thanks a lot, Children's Morning Out!
- I got another job! Some work from home work that will be great - just have to get my new routine going and ease into having a little less downtime and more responsibility that isn't child related.
- I have been in one of those phases where I hermit myself a bit. I haven't felt a stitch of creativity (hence, the lack of blogging). I have read some, but not all, of my favorite blogs, but haven't commented once (but want to!). I haven't cared to focus on what our house looks like beyond basic sanitation. With fall coming, I want to get in the spirit, but feeling no spirit quite yet... I haven't read any books beyond those I use for tutoring (5th grade level!). I haven't been walking as much and my body misses it. I've been kind of powered down here for a while. Hoping to snap out of it.
- Oh, the chopping.