Saturday, May 24, 2014

Berry Pickin'


A few years ago, Tony and I took my visiting fam to pick some berries at a local farm.  It was fun (and roughly 1000 degrees) and I remember thinking how fun it would be to take a kid there in the future. Well, we now have the required kid, so of course we had to go get us some strawberries (and I used the excuse that I don't bend so well these days to be the official photographer). 



We found a great little farm this year (Whitley Farms in Sharpsburg, locals), where they don't use pesticides.  It's a little family operation and they were so sweet and encouraged tasting.



Harper surprised me with how well she did.  She carried the bucket, picked some herself, and only squashed a few.  We went early enough that it was only about 80 degrees (9 am, people) and she loved running down the rows.  Can't wait to take a whole brood of kids here one day!  We are definitely going back for raspberry season!

Hard at work




 Try not to be blinded by my thighs... I tried to crop them out but it just wasn't happening...


So good.



Maternity jean shorts for the win.







I <3 You, Summer!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I want to go there now. Nice shorts, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...