I'm becoming quite the baker :) Now, if only I could learn to enjoy baking chicken or steaming veggies, then I'd be in better shape....
· 2 ½ cups sifted all purpose flour
· 3 teaspoons baking powder
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 cup sugar
· ¼ cup soft butter
· 1 egg beaten
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3 small bananas) 1/2 can of pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons grated orange peel 1 tablespoon each of nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract
· ½ cup milk
· 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans (or chocolate chips!) - if you want
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt; set aside
3. In a medium bowl, with electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, and egg until smooth
4. Add pumpkin, spices, and milk, mixing well. Add flour mixture, beating just until smooth. Stir in nuts or chocolate chips if using.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake about 1 hour, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. To serve, cut into thin slices
[[adapted from an old McCall's recipe]