Thursday, August 12, 2010

Frogmore Stew





Frogmore Stew


- At least 5 quarts water
- 1/4 or more Old Bay
- 4 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 2 pounds kielbasa or any sausage, cut into small slices
- 6 ears of corn, halved
- 3-4 pounds of shrimp



  • Bring water with Old Bay to a boil in a (very) large pot.  
  • Add potatoes and return to a boil for 10 minutes
  • Add sausage and corn (you can brown the sausage slices beforehand, if you want)
  • Return to a boil for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender
  • Remove all with a slotted spoon
  • Add shrimp to the same water and boil 3-5 minutes until pink
  • Mix on a large platter and sprinkle with Old Bay
  • Try to eat without getting too messy!
Serves 12.


This delish recipe comes from my grandma (with whom we got to visit this weekend, along with my grandpa).  It's a fun outside meal that feeds a bunch easily.  This is what summer memories are made of.




6 comments:

  1. The name originally threw me off, but the ingredients won me over! And I am going to refrain from telling you how beautiful you and your family are this time. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. And, I love the pic of you with something in your mouth. You even look cute then! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to use this! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very tasty. Like so tasty that I just might have to make it this weekend!

    "Grandma" (even others' grandmas:) recipes are the absolute best, which is why it really catches my eye. I just spent last Friday night cooking/learning green chili with my grandma and had a great time.... and meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to follow up and let you know that I'm printing this out right now to make tonight... I'm excited to try it - and enjoy a nice summer dinner outside:).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WILL make this, at least some time in my life. :) Looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...