Monday, April 8, 2013

A Baby Shower

My sister and brother in law are having another baby in the next few weeks (yay!) and we are so excited to have a nephew.  It's been all girls all the time around here so far, so a little baby blue is exciting!  

My mother-in-law and I had the pleasure of hosting a shower for the mama-to-be at their house down in Columbus, GA.  We kept it simple, but I couldn't resist totally copying taking inspiration from lots of Pinterest goodness for the decorations, because why not.  Since Isaac's new room has a sailboat type theme, I went nautical.  And then shamelessly wore clothes that matched the decorations.



I made a little chalkboard print on the computer and thanks to the awesome inspiration from Shannon of Shannanigans and mastermind behind Bottle Pop Party Company. I printed it via a   Staples engineer print (my first foray  I was nervous!) and it turned out great!  Especially since it was under $2!  [Shannon can actually design one of these for you, fyi!]


I made a little cake banner thing that is all the rage on Pinterest, because, again why not.  It turned out pretty cute, I thought.


I decorated the skewer by painters taping it and painting the spiral.  

Also, Publix made my cake a very strange blue color, so it didn't really match, but oh well.


Pennant banner, of course.


I made up a little "wishes for baby" sheet using the pro's program of choice: PowerPoint.  (again, majorly copying using Pinterest as inspiration).  The silverware got inconveniently tied with twine.

And then we partied.

The mama and her mama

Myself, Jennifer, and Tony's mom Michele


My baby loves a good beard.
Congrats Jon and Jennifer and sister Ava!  We can't wait to meet little Isaac!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...