Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - aka - The Best Year Ever

2012 has been the best year yet.  Hands down.

It might have something to do with this little girl....


This year seemed to fly by.  Something about having definitive points of reference - pregnancy weeks and baby weeks and months - marks time off in a way that makes it pass so quickily.  Especially while having fun.


January

We let the world know we were having a baby.  So many of you offered your well wishes and I was overjoyed.  I also worried about how huge my bump got (oh if I only knew how big it would get!)


February

Thanks to a 3d session, we found out we were expecting a little girl.  I knew it all along.  And that's about all I blogged about because I was busy standing outside, taking deep breaths of cold air, and trying to hold down my saltines...


March

I reached the halfway point and Tony bought a ton of clothes.  Baby was on the brain.


Ava Grace turned 2...


And two of my favorite twinsies also had a first birthday.

April

I finished my hardest semester yet for my grad program, and also finished up my student teaching.  I took this (neverbeforeseen) picture out of peer pressure from the school photographer.


My awesome team threw me a surprise baby shower with all of the students.  They offered invaluable advice...


I missed Lyla-bug's birthday, but I got to see her a different weekend.



May

I shared our clubfoot news (and was so inundated with love from (almost) everyone) 


My awesome friends helped me get the nursery going.
Tony and I took a babymoon-esque trip to Hilton Head



June

I got showered - twice! - and our nursery got stocked!




Tony and I cheesed it up for some homemade maternity pictures, but actually got some good shots.



July

I took a little trip to L&D for blood pressure issues - but it all turned out ok.

We waited... and I got huge.


I shared pictures of Harper's finished(ish) nursery


 July 25th, at 6 in the morning, after 14 hours of labor, Harper Kate made her debut!





We fell in love.


August

I shared Harper's birth story and we adjusted to life as parents


Harper got her first cast put on at 9 days old.  I cried.



I posted about Harper's newborn photos too



September

We took our first trip as a new family - we went to the lake and all had a blast.



Harper did so well in the cast that we got to the brace stage sooner than I expected.  She also blew us away with how well she handled all of it. (we rejoiced in our "best baby ever" luckiness)


My friend Justina got married in a beautiful outdoor ceremony



And I got to sneak in some friend time



October

My good friend Josie got married and I got to spend some much-loved time with old friends


We went to the beach for a week!





Harper dressed as a surfer for Halloween, brace and all


And we picked (up) a pumpkin



November

I got my holiday craft on for the Dare to DIY series


We celebrated Thanksgiving with our families




December

I forced Harper into another photo shoot for her Christmas card (I loved it!)


We got the all-clear for Harper to reduce the time in her brace - meaning 8 hours of freedom!


We also had a lovely Christmas with both families - soon to be blogged about!



2012,
You were awesome.  
Sincerely, Claire

1 comment:

  1. What a year! How cool that it came full circle from announcing you were expecting to enjoying your growing girl. What a sweetie. Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...